No need to do them all in one year, but fall in Austin is full of activities. There’s something going on every weekend, so you’ll have to work to fit in all these must-do events.
- Attend a Longhorn Football Game at Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium.
- Attend a music festival, either Austin City Limits or the younger Fun Fun Fun Fest
- Head to Wurstfest in New Braunfels (OK, so it’s a day trip. Still, it gives you an excuse to say “Wasserstoff,” dance a polka, and try some local craft brews on tap.)
- Get lost in the corn maze at Barton Hill Farms.
- Get terrorized at Austin House of Torment.
- Plant a tree.
- Shop one of the many holiday arts and crafts fairs, including
- Take a bat cruise on Ladybird Lake, but go before mid Oct. For the best bat viewing.
- At least once in your life, go see the F1 Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas.
- Catch a giant bass on Lake Travis. You’ll need a boat and/or a guide to get to the deep spots.
1. Longhorn Football on the patio
5. Corn Maze at Barton Hill farms
7. Plant a tree
12. Racing at COTA
Bat photo, Flickr CC: He.Who.Wanders